Book Cover Specifications
For cover creation you will need to provide the following check list:
- Title and author’s name (as you want it to appear on the cover).
- Dimensions of your book.
- Page count ( so we can configure spine width ).
- Back of book text- description of what your book is about.
- What you would like to see on the cover. – Please keep in mind that we have a small area to work with and I will do everything I can to create the cover of your dreams.
- If there are any specific characters to go onto the cover, please let me know the important details such as age, hair color, height, weight, eye color, race, clothing details, etc.
- Let me know of geographical area if it is important for the cover such as mountains, water/beach, climate.
- Let me know the time era.
- Do you want art work on the front only or do you want the full wrap around where there is artwork across the front, spine and back?
I can send you a time frame of when you will receive your first sample once I receive the above information.
Thank you for choosing Digitell Design and I look forward to working with you on your new book cover!
All images © 2020 Christina Cartwright
Hi! My name is Christina Cartwright and I have been creating illustrations and book covers since obtaining my degree in visual communications back in 2003. I have also created various other designs such as characters, posters, facebook banners and a couple of websites.
Everything I create is made on my computer. No, I do not use clip art, I use Photoshop and my Wacom tablet to draw on. Some of my work is hand drawn, just not onto paper.
I also use 3D graphic programs such as Poser, Bryce and Daz Studio. Sometimes, however, my work requires me to use photographs. Some of the photographs I have used is my own photography and some are photos I have to purchase from photo resource sites.
I live in the small town of Mount Vernon, IN with my wonderful husband Tom, and our crazy cat Gypsy.
I enjoy reading, playing video games, going to the movies, spending time with my parents and eating taters!
Things I don’t enjoy are yard work, house work, walking on the treadmill, and paying bills.
So, that’s about all there is about me! Thank you for visiting my website and let me know if I can help you with your next illustration project!
Illustration Services &
Cover Design For Self Publishing
Hello and thank you for visiting my site. My name is Christina Cartwright. Are you planning on self publishing your novel or children’s book? I am a illustrator and book cover designer and can help you design the perfect book cover art for your novel or draw illustrations for your children’s book. I also create character design, logos, game illustrations and posters.
Your Ideas or Mine?
I can use your detailed instructions on how you want your images or cover to look, or I can come up with the ideas myself based on your story line. I can draw either realistic style or cartoon style images. Genres include fantasy, horror, sci-fi or images for children’s books.
Let’s Get Started!
Most of my clients use Kindle Direct Publishing, from Amazon.com, as their publisher.
Some writers like to use Infinity Publishing, Ingram Spark,or BookBaby. Whoever your publisher/printer is, I can easily work with you to get your book cover art and illustrations complete. Please send me the details on what you need created! You can use my contact page for more information, or email me direct at: firstname.lastname@example.org.