Several of my clients have asked me questions about page count and book dimensions when formatting their books. I have gathered some information that I thought I could share with you.
Book Cover Specifications
For cover creation you will need to provide the following check list:
- Title and author’s name (as you want it to appear on the cover).
- Dimensions of your book.
- Page count ( so we can configure spine width ).
- Back of book text- description of what your book is about.
- What you would like to see on the cover. – Please keep in mind that we have a small area to work with and I will do everything I can to create the cover of your dreams.
- If there are any specific characters to go onto the cover, please let me know the important details such as age, hair color, height, weight, eye color, race, clothing details, etc.
- Let me know of geographical area if it is important for the cover such as mountains, water/beach, climate.
- Let me know the time era.
- Do you want art work on the front only or do you want the full wrap around where there is artwork across the front, spine and back?
I can send you a time frame of when you will receive your first sample once I receive the above information.
Thank you for choosing Digitell Design and I look forward to working with you on your new book cover!
All images © 2020 Christina Cartwright